Sunday, August 30, 2015

The choice to simplify your life

Our calendars, schedules, relationships, children, work and accomplishments own are sanity and time. Sounds exhausting, doesn't it? In my numerous decades on this earth, I'm actually beginning to learn a few things. What I've discovered and would like to share today is the first step to simplifying your life- finding the time to renew your energy resources. Well, how does one do that? Oh, I'm so happy you asked! I've come to learn that if you don't take the time to find a method that renews your energy you're about as useful as a dirty, sodden sponge. Whether you take the time to listen to the Lord, meditate, exercise or lock yourself in an empty room of your house is the first step to simplifying your life. Pursuing your passion is the next. Once you have established the passion that burns the brightest and the hottest you are soaring. But, hold on we're not there yet! With the pursuit of passion, you must also experience some pain. Say what? That's correct. Before you experience the nirvana of your passion, you must first embrace some pain. Just like the HEAs I write about in my romance novels. You gotta do the work and experience the pain before you bask in the glow of your rewarding simplified satisfaction. I can certainly attest to that. I have experienced pain as I pursued my choice to simplify my life while I pursued my passion and, unfortunately at my own hand. What do you do then? Throw in the towel, back your bags and forgot about taking that long-anticipated trip that you've salivated over for years. NO! You learn from your mistakes, you embrace your pain, you pick yourself up, use your method of renewable energy resources and you fricking try again! No way in hell are you giving up on your passion that you know in the end will simplify and enrich your life. I encourage you to choose to simplify your life. You won't be sorry. What's your passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment