1. Tie dye shirts! Really, tie dye just about anything! Set up huge plastic tubs in the backyard, the front yard, the pavement, the front porch or your little space of concrete. Wherever! Here are some great links http://www.guidepatterns.com/47-cool-tie-dye-shirt-patterns.php http://www.favecrafts.com/Tie-Dye/Tie-Dye-Techniques-and-Patterns for your masterpieces! Let the kids have it! Super cool! Great fun!
2. Make a blob for the backyard. Yes, you read that correctly... a blob. Great for little ones! Watch this crazy dad entertain his kids! Of course, mom is the voice of reason, but it looks like super fun! Just don't do what dad did! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRA5MLdy70o
3. Go for a nature walk, collect anything that interests you! Bring your treasures home and make a book!
4. Go for a walk at dusk.
5. Make fruit popsicles. Sell them at your lemonade stand! Cut up fruit, get some fruit juice and freeze them in the popsicles molds. This link has great non-toxic popsicle molds http://www.growingagreenfamily.com/non-toxic-popsicle-molds-for-homemade-popsicles/
6. Paint ceramics! I can't do enough of this! It's so relaxing.
7. Henna tattoos! My girls can't do this enough! Patterns http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/henna-tattoos.html Premixed paste http://www.shopbeachcombers.com/Natural-Henna-Paste-Cone-p/nc.htm or you can mix your own. Take a drive to your local organic health store, pick out your henna, mix it up, and place it an applicator with a pointed tip!
8. If Henna isn't your thing try temporary tattoos with watercolor crayons! http://www.michaels.com/10397541.html
9. Build a fort in the living room on a rainy day then make a slide with cardboard boxes and cover the stairs!
10. Camp in your own backyard! Best ever!
Here's to your summer choices! Have fun!