Monday, August 28, 2017

Some weeks are better than others!

That is certainly true last week. I did not do very well with my food choices and exercising. I did exercise but only for two days. Today is the start of a new work week and I am off to a good start! In spite of last week's poor food choices, I did get a lot of writing done and book number three is finished! I am super excited about that! This week's goal is to build my newsletter and get my ARCs out!

Day 35, Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Today I ran and walked.

B: 2 cups of coffee with coconut oil
L: 3 scrambled eggs with avocado
D: Skipped

Day 36, Wednesday, August 23, 2017

B: 2 cups of coffee with coconut oil I've noticed that I really do feel full with the coconut oil and eating more fat less starch.
L: Peanut butter and jelly sandwich This is where the emotional eating comes into play when the stress rises. I need ways to manage my stress better! The PB & J was always a great comfort except I'm not 22 anymore and a size 4 and eat that sandwich and get away with it. LOL!
D: Ugh, I know. This is so bad. I had a second PB&J for dinner. Everyone in the house was either working or keeping up with their social calendar and I just got lazy! Boo.

Day 37, Thursday, August 24, 2017

Today I ran and walked.

B: Oatmeal and coffee
L: Chicken salad sandwich. The sandwiches are putting me under!
D: Skipped Everyone was out again and when it's just me in the house it needs to get a little harder to cook only for myself. Definitely, need to change that.

Day 38, Friday, August 25, 2017

I'm not even going to write everything I ate today and drank. It is my cheat day, however, I've been cheating a bit all week.

Day 39, Saturday, August 26, 2017

Really starting to feel the effects of not eating well and how the craving for sweets and bread has increased not that I started eating a little more bread this week. That DEFINITELY needs to stop. It is hard in the beginning eliminating bread and sugar. My body was screaming. But it does level out. The trick for me is to not introduce back in. My body is extremely sensitive to it and then it craves it even more with a vengeance.

Day 40,. Sunday, August 27, 2017

Yesterday was really horrible. Three pancakes and three cookies after dinner! Still eating my stress.

Day 41, Monday, August 28, 2017

B: Tea today with coconut oil

I did run today too. In the beginning, my body is screaming, "What are you doing to me?" Slowly, it levels out and my breathing lengthens.

Here's to a great week, everyone! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget let me know how you're doing too!


I also have an excerpt for my new paranormal romance I have been working on as well as revamping Choices. I would be honored if you would like to read it and leave your thoughts.

Thanks, again.

XO

Sheila


Dr. Alec Easton was hot. And despite having the motherhumper of all headaches, pissing him off thoroughly, he dug harder. Chipping away at the bone dry dust, hoping he’d uncover his treasure so he could beat feet off the desert whose dust caked his throat, eyes and nose. The whispers in his head, always loudest on site, grew in urgency, repeating the same sound over and over again… raaaaa. The chanting nearly made him insane with the desire to chop his head clean off his shoulders. Instead, he worked harder, dug deeper. The deeper he dug the more agitating the whispers became, turning into harsh voices calling to him, encouraging him to go further, deeper…raaaaa.
He lifted the canteen to his parched lips, took a swallow, and wiped his brow. His amber eyes rolled over the wavy horizon, the thirsty landscape—dry and scorched like his throat. The blistering heat undulating in the air, bounced off the sand and pushed back toward the sun in steamy waves above the horizon. The searing sun at the excavation sites sucked moisture from every living thing under it, making the Sun God, Aten, very proud. No shade. No relief. But it never stopped him from coming. It never stopped him from digging. And it did little to quiet the voices ever present in his head.
The pyramids called to him even as a little boy. Studying ancient Egypt in grade school, he worked the system like a boss, never needing to crack a book, barely researching his papers for the University of Pennsylvania’s undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in archaeology. People thought him to be a genius. Ending up in Middle Egypt, with the heat pounding his head and burning his skin, raised doubts about his genius status but fueled his quest.
Penn’s Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology needed a few more pieces for their vast, world renown Egyptian artifacts collection. He wanted answers. The voices encouraged—no insisted—he come to Egypt, to this site. As a boy, they were mild, soft whispers of thought through his mind…raaaaa. They never frightened him, only enticed and intrigued. Never abandoning him, the whispers let him know, expanding his horizons beyond Philadelphia, Pennsylvania held promises of spectacular adventures. The older he became, the more readily and easily the whispers grew into solid ideas. Then, ideas became plans. Plans turned into a life digging in the dirt in Egypt.
“Yo, man! You gonna stand there all day looking pretty? Or are you gonna get your ass back to work?”
Alec shot a glare over his shoulder. “You think I’m pretty? I never knew you played for my team. Ava’s not gonna like that.”
“Ava knows damn well whose team I like to play with. And fuck no, I don’t think you’re pretty. I think you’re lazy.” The other tall man grunted. Sweat gluing his bandana to his forehead and dripping off his head, Jax Armstrong stood as tall as Alec, maybe a few inches taller. Where the sun burnt Alec’s skin to a crispy texture, it bronzed Jax’s to perfection. “My balls are breaking.” Jax grunted harder. “Give me a hand with this.”
“But you just said…”
“Alec, what the hell?” Angry, Jax dropped the lever he’d been using to pry away the covering of the tomb used to protect it from flood waters and pointed at his very best friend in the whole world. “You said you wanted to go home. Well, you can’t do that until we roll this…” He pointed to the rock. “…boulder back, asshat. Or did you forget that standing out here, working on your tan? Which by the way, I’ll never understand why a ginger wants to be out in the Egyptian sun? You’re frying. Did you put sunscreen on?”
Alec smiled. His best friend had the biggest heart of anyone he ever knew. He was right up there with his mom, or at least what he remembered of her from the stories Gedo told him. Gedo’s daughter, Dr. Alison Easton, a world famous Egyptian Archaeologist, split after he and his twin were born. “You know I’d laugh at that, if I didn’t already know you were serious. Frigging mother hen,” Alec said.
“Laugh away, but I’ll be the one laughing when I get to go out and bag some hot Egyptian babe, leaving your sorry, sunburnt ass crying in a tub of milk.” Jax grunted again, bending to pick up the lever he dropped.
“In all the years we’ve been digging in this dirt, when the hell has that ever happened?” Alec took his Patagonia Tenpenny hat off, the sun highlighting the auburn in his copper streaked hair. He wiped his brow, then readjusted his favorite hat over his thick locks. “But it does create an interesting image.”
“How’s that?” Jax asked while grunting and throwing more sculpted shoulder into the rock.
“Ava wiping the floor with your ass.” Alec laughed, holding his stomach.
Jax threw the lever down. The veins bulging in his neck enhanced the threat in his words. “What did I say about Ava.”
“Ah, that she’s the most wonderful woman I ever met, and I’m an idiot for not being able to commit to her,” the soft female voice said. Ava, Alec’s twin, walked out from behind the tomb. Cool and smooth as pure vanilla ice cream, she would never let Jax see her sweat. Ever. But she sure as shit made him sweat. Wrapped in a long sleeved, UVA, UVB t-shirt, her glorious long auburn curls locked tight under her own Patagonia hat, her sleek legs covered in khaki did little to hid the slim-thick curves she had going on—everywhere.
Stifling another bout of laughter, Alec walked toward his dark haired friend. “Such a crybaby. Here,” Alec proffered. He bent and picked up another lever, shoving it behind the boulder. Jax stood behind Alec. Ava stood behind Jax.
“Back up. Go sit down,” Jax demanded.
“Like hell,” she tossed back.
“Why does everything always have to be an argument with you. Jesus.” Jax turned and slowly pushed Ava away. “You’ll get your pretty little self hurt. Now do what I said and back…” He swatted her ass.
“Uh, that’s not gonna be good,” Alec mumbled.
“…the hell up.” Jax shoved her against a crumbling pyramid.

“I said, hell no.” She bent her elbows, lifted her forearms and slammed them down over his. “Someone needs to keep an eye on you two buffoons. Remember last year’s dig?” 


No comments:

Post a Comment